If you're reading this, welcome to 2017. And welcome to a list of twelve habits I intend to build throughout the year. One for each month - using this blog as a weekly recap. The idea behind this is to have each of these be a corner stone of my day - throughout their respective months. Then, at the end of each week, I'll recap my findings.
- I've reached level 2 on the amazing Headspace app - which only means you meditate for longer. 20 minutes each day is a drop in the bucket. I hope that this habit sticks and I continue to meditate throughout my entire life.
- I start Level 4 on January 19th and it continues through March. Since this will be the only full month of level 4 - I figured it's a good time to focus. I'll be focused during the entire class, of course, but this month I'll be sure to write before and after classes - and dictate those notes on here.
3. Grip Training
- I've always wanted to work on my grip strength, but have never wanted to dedicate time to it at the gym. When it comes to the gym, I want to get in and get out. By having grip strengthening tools at home, I can focus on this during down time.
- This, too, is something I always need to work on. But having an entire month dedicated to it will really help put my feet to the fire. I'm excited for April.
- My goal for this month is at least one book per week - which is super fast for me.
- Cardio is the worst. Running is even worse. Hopefully June will make me a convert.
- Gotta practice what I preach, of course! This month I'll really focus on what I need and what I don't by minimizing my things even further.
8. Video Content
- This is just another fun medium I'd like to explore. Hopefully by then I'll have a few new toys for the camera!
- By now, I'll have been meditating every day for 9 months. Hopefully I'll have a good handle on being more mindful - while really kicking it into gear in September.
- This used to be a huge part of my life and October is the perfect month during which to kick-start my networking again.
- Once the video content is under my belt, I'll be better equipped behind the camera. Here's to hoping I can take up my photography skill another notch.
- I'll reflect on the year with various blog posts about what I loved, what I hated, and where I go from here.