I've decided to write about my top 5 menswear brands after getting a bunch of questions about what my favorite brands were so far since I started reviewing various menswear products. Most times I was unable to recall my favorites so I figured a blog post would make the most sense. Let me know if I'm missing any and maybe you'll see a review for them in the near future!
5. Ebbets Field I chose Ebbets Field as a top 5 menswear brand because though I've just recently started buying their products, they're incredibly well made, comfortable, and timeless - all huge considerations when I look to review a brand. Recently I purchased 3 hats (they had a 3 for 2 deal - I'm not a maniac!) as I've owned a few products from them in the past and really liked them.
Needless to say, I was not disappointed. The hats are incredibly well made. The products themselves are 100% wool and, in fact, may attract bugs as I recently went to the beach with mine and was practically swarmed by bugs you'd often see surrounding a sheep. That's just a cheeky little aside - I don't really think Ebbets Field products attract bugs, but I thought it was kind of funny given how the products are made of wool.
4. Red Wing Heritage What can I say that hasn't already been said about Red Wing Heritage products countless times? They're incredibly well American made products that go with everything and only get better with age. Seriously - what more could you want? All of their products are perfect for hipsters, those looking for quality workwear boots, and everyone in between.
Don't be fooled, however. They're not cheap. They're for sure an investment but once you make that investment, whichever pair you've bought will last you for years to come. So, it's sort of cheating to say they're one of my top 5 menswear brands of 2018 because, well, they'll last you until 3018 if you take care of them and, well, live long enough.
3. Mack Weldon Though I don't own much of it anymore, I feel Mack Weldon deserves to be included in my list of top 5 menswear brands because their products are so versatile. Not only can you wear their epically soft shirts as regular t-shirts, you can also wear them as undershirts during the chilly fall and winter months should you so desire. I start with their T-shirts because that is the product that I've liked the most so far. Their underwear is great, too, however, I have since found a brand that I like better, that I may be writing about in the coming weeks.
They don't just stop at t-shirts and underwear, though. I've been eye-balling some of their sweatpants and sweatshirts that look incredibly comfortable. I've heard from a few legitimate sources that they are amazing so I will surely be purchasing those and will bring my review to AndyLikesThings very shortly.
Take a look for yourself as to why Mack Weldon is a top menswear brand for 2018 and, well, give it a listen, too. I'm sure you'll hear them as a sponsor of one of your favorite podcasts.
2. Buck Mason If you frequent AndyLikesThings, you know that I'm a huge fan of workwear brands. Specifically, Buck Mason, as I've done a few blog posts and videos about them. Everything from the way their clothes are built to how they fit, they're one of the most underrated brands on the market today. I say underrated because I don't know anyone else who wears Buck Mason, which is unfortunate. Were they more well known, I'm sure they'd be able to keep more of their fan favorites around as opposed to cycling them out, and maybe they'd just become more visible in total. All that said, I don't really know how popular they are, just that I know they're incredibly popular with me and my closet, which is why they are one of my top 5 menswear brands.
1. Taylor Stitch Including Taylor Stitch in this list of top 5 menswear brands was simple because, well, they're my favorite brand of the year. They might, in fact, be my favorite brand of all time actually. Their entire vibe, the build quality of their clothes, and their clothes, in general, are always so on-point that it's crazy to me that more people aren't wearing them. Truth be told they might be, but the fact that they're not as popular as some other menswear brands is mind-boggling.
Alas, I can enjoy the fact that they're still a bit on the low-key side and can continue to enjoy their products and spread the word of Taylor Stitch.
What are some of your top menswear brands of 2018? Let me know in the comments below!